Saturday, October 10, 2009

Duality

I am not the man you know. From the moment we are together I am familiar, I am routine, I am That Guy. I become the things you expect and you tell yourself this is me. 

Its not. 

The moment I leave you I change. I become a person in the crowd, moving through the masses, exuding my presence and making first impressions with everyone and no one. Each person seeing a reflection of themselves in my face, my moves and my demeanor. They don't know me either, they just know what they see. It is only when I am completely alone that I am myself. I respond to things however I feel. I can think for myself and act without fear of judgment. And this person I hide is hidden from everyone. And That Guy I become is different for everyone. 

A crystal of personalities, the shine changing at every angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment